Instagram recently rolled out the ability to embed Instagram photos and videos on your blog or website.
This is great news if you’re a heavy Instagram user because now your photos can be free of the Instagram news feed and shared where they really matter most – on your blog or website.
By using the embed feature of Instagram, this allows you the opportunity to post your photos and videos on Instagram and leverage the 130 million Instagram users and then take that content and share it on your blog or website for users who aren’t on Instagram.
What can you do with photos and videos you embed on your blog or website?
While you can embed Instagram photos and videos on your blog or website, not all of the features from Instagram carryover. Here’s a rundown on what features you have when you embed Instagram content.
- Link to the Instagram profile who posted the content
- See how many likes and comments content received on Instagram
- Can only embed one Instagram photo or video at a time. If you want to embed three items, this requires three separate codes
- No ability to comment on Instagram photos or videos - you must go to Instagram to do this
- No ability to add hashtags on content you embed from Instagram – you must go to Instagram for this
Is there a difference embedding Instagram photos or videos?
Kudos to Instagram for making this process extremely easy. The process for embedding Instagram photos and videos is exactly the same – and it’s something you can do in 4 easy steps.
Keep reading for instructions and a video on how to embed Instagram photos and videos on your site.
Embed Instagram photos and videos in 4 easy steps!
If you found this video on how to embed Instagram photos and videos helpful, feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more Instagram video tutorials.
Are you on Instagram? What other features would you like to see Instagram add? Post a link below with your suggestions below.