It’s one thing to push a lot of content out through your social media channels like Instagram. Anyone can do that.
It’s another thing to drive Instagram engagement.
So what is the secret to getting higher engagement on Instagram?
According to Curalate, a research firm, they analyzed some 8,000,000 Instagram photos and looked at 30 image features such as background ratio, dominant color, lightness, and saturation and here is what they found.
When posting images on Instagram, be sure to share images that are predominantly blue, spaciously cropped, bright, and slightly desaturated.
Facts on achieving higher engagement on Instagram:
- Images with high lightness generate 24% more likes on Instagram than dark images.
- Images with a high amount of background space generate 29% more likes on Instagram.
- Images that have a dominant color of blue generate 29% more likes than red images on Instagram.
- Images with a single color generate 17% more likes than images with multiple colors on Instagram.
- Instagram images with low saturation generate 18% more engagement than those with vibrant colors.
- Images with texture generate 79% more likes on Instagram.
- Duckface Instagram photos generate 1,112% more likes than selfies.
Here are seven examples of photos you want to share to drive Instagram engagement.
7 Ways to drive Instagram engagement
Overall, I found these statistics on how to drive Instagram engagement fascinating, especially the ones related to color and style.
While it is important to have a good following on Instagram, what matters most is the content that you share.
The next time you are getting ready to take a photo for Instagram, think twice.
Remember, it’s not about the quantity of photos that you share, but the quality.
Which of these stats on driving higher engagement on Instagram did you find most surprising?
Leave a comment below and let me know. And don’t forget to share your Instagram URL so that readers can check out your channel.