If you’ve ever taken a photo of your food, read reviews about what others had to say about a new restaurant you’re thinking about trying, claimed an deal from Yelp! or read up on a new shop that opened in your area, then you’re probably a Yelp! user.
Let’s take a moment to check out 13 ways you can spot a Yelp! user – do any of these describe you? I can identify at least five items. How about you?
13 ways to spot a Yelp! user:
- Sore fingers
- – Cause: reviewing too many places
- Enlarged frontal cortex
- – Cause: curiosity
- Limited verbal communication of 5,000 characters
- – Cause: the length of a Yelp! review
- Swollen stomach
- – Cause: too many reviews from eating at too many Indian restaurants
- Accidental shouting out
- – Cause: a feature of Yelp! when checking into a place
- Lawsuit notice
- – Cause: offending a small business owner with your review
- Packet of stars in your pocket
- – Cause: needed to review your favorite Yelp! places
- Dim sum sample
- – Cause: to test their 4.5 star rating
- Clothing with tags still on them
- – Cause: purchases made through Yelp! deals
- Elite member card
- – Cause: acquired for writing lots of reviews and being a Yelp! superstar
- Sore fingers
- – Cause: taking too many photos of your food
- – Cause: most check-ins and reviews at a business establishment
- Sore feet
- – Cause: too much walking to many venues.
Know someone who could benefit from knowing these 13 ways to spot a Yelp! user? Feel free to click the pin-it button or tweet it out to your followers.
Are you on Yelp!? If so, I would love to check out your reviews and maybe try a few of the places you recommend. Feel free to leave a link to your Yelp! profile and tell me what you primarily use the service for. Is it restaurant reviews, business reviews, shopping, crowd-sourcing photos for your next meal?