It used to be that job recruiting over social media didn’t work. Today, a lot has changed and social media recruiting is hotter than ever.
In fact, 92% of companies use social media for recruiting (tweet this).
While companies are recruiting new employees using social media recruiting. Does it work though
Let’s explore some stats that support the claim that social media recruiting works.
- 42% of companies say candidate quality has improved thanks to social media (tweet this)
- 33% of employers rejected candidates based on something they found on a social profile (tweet this)
- Recruiting across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- 93% of companies use LinkedIn for recruiting (tweet this)
- 66% of companies use Facebook for recruiting (tweet this)
- 54% of companies use Twitter for recruiting (tweet this)
- Surprising stat: 36% of companies are not in engaged in social media recruiting (tweet this)
While these numbers suggest that companies are benefiting from using social media to become more efficient with in their recruiting efforts and to help improve the quality of applicants for a job, does this actually lead to more jobs for job seekers? Let’s find out.